Washington State Department of Revenue Tax Results
Seattle tax lawyer, Martin Silver, PS, get results due to our experience in all phases of dispute resolution and settlement of Washington State and federal tax issues.
Here is a partial list of the types of Washington State tax matters our office has handled:
- We have at the request of others sought additional, and successful review of matters at first determined against taxpayers by the Department of Revenue’s Appeals Division.
- We have successfully obtained exemptions from sales tax for Manufacturing Machinery and Equipment both at audit and on appeal.
- We have successfully limited the exposure of out of state corporations doing business in Washington
- We have successfully defended businesses against successorship claims, and in one case obtained a determination limiting the Compliance Division’s ability to assert successorship on any basis but that enumerated by statute.
- We have dealt with numerous cases where the Department of Revenue seeks to impose use tax on vehicles, vessels or planes on the ground that they are placed in use in Washington State.
- We have dealt with many complex questions involving application of the law of agency, which may be involved where a person believes it has not earned income but is receiving proceeds only to be held for the account of another person.
- We have in many cases qualified a business for deductions for sales made for delivery in other states.
- We have obtained apportionment of income between Washington and other states where services have been performed in part in Washington and in part in other states.
- We have successfully defended numerous businesses against sales tax sought to be imposed.
- We have handled numerous cases involving application of the Real Estate Excise Tax.
- We have appealed and negotiated on behalf of individuals held personally liable for their business’ unpaid sales tax.
Federal Internal Revenue Service Tax Results
Here is a partial list of the types of federal tax matters our office has handled:
- We have successfully negotiated settlements with the IRS appeals division, both before and after the filing of a U.S. Tax Court petition.
- We have successfully concluded offers in compromise, installment agreements for businesses and individuals, and partial payment agreements (where the taxpayer did not qualify for either an offer in compromise or installment agreement).
- We have assisted married couples in innocent spouse matters and have successfully limited community property liability for the pre-marital taxes owed by one spouse.
- We have assisted numerous business owners facing personal liability for payroll taxes which their business failed to deposit.
- We have filed numerous applications for discharge of real property to secure the release of the property from federal tax liens.
- We have secured the release of IRS levies through direct negotiation with revenue officers assigned to our clients’ cases.
- Careless Payments Cost Business Washington Sales Tax
- Rare Taxpayer Win on Washington State Successorship Liability
- Learn more about IRS tax audits.
Experienced Seattle Tax Lawyer
If you are having a tax issue in the State of Washington, please contact us. We want to hear from you.